Friday, March 09, 2007

Morris Betesh

Situation a

If I were in this situation as the doctor I would allow the abortion. Although I am anti-abortion, in certain situations, such as rape, the child was not the mothers fault and she has the right to choose whether or not she wants the baby. I also feel that a mother who is financially struggling doesn’t deserve to struggle her whole life. Being a doctor I am also responsible for the lives of my patient and I would not let her put herself in harms way. Besides the fact, according to the Old Testament a soul isn’t given to a person until it leaves its mothers womb.

Situation b

Personally I would unplug the respirator because I feel that no life is worth living when you’re living it in constant uncontrollable pain. Also, no human being has the right to decide whether a person should live or die. For Example, if I decide to jump off a cliff one cannot hold me down for the rest of my life. Also, one cannot make laws against it until he is in the situation as is going through the same pain

Situation c

No. You should not steal the drug. Even though this man is doing something horribly wrong, stealing is still a sin and no good could come out of it. After all, there is only a possibility that the drug will work. For some people, living in guilt is worse than losing a loved one. But for other people, if they let someone die he might blame himself for not coming up with the money to save her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home